The therapeutic nature of cannabis, or Vijaya, has been the subject of extensive medical research and countless clinical trials. Imbued with over 100 organic secretions called cannabinoids, this herb has garnered worldwide attention due to its expansive medicinal properties and robust safety profile.
In a 2021 review conducted in five different countries with varying cannabis laws, it was found that nearly 95% of the physicians were convinced about Vijaya’s medical benefits and willing to prescribe and/or provide the herb to their patients to help them manage their illnesses.
On one hand, the use and acceptance of Vijaya continues to rise as a growing number of medical experts acknowledge its potential and more countries worldwide permit its medical and scientific usage. But on the other hand, skepticism exists because of the herb’s potentially psychoactive properties and abuse of the same.
Thus, if you are a patient new to Vijaya, seeking to explore its medical uses and leverage its potential, the following are the top 10 quotes that you must be aware of-
- “I have found in my study of these patients that cannabis is really a safe, effective, and non-toxic alternative to many standard medications. There is no such thing as an overdose. We have seen very minimal problems with abuse or dependence.” – Dr. Philip Denney/ MD, Physician.
Contrary to the commonly advised drugs, cannabis does not exhibit adverse side effects on treatment due to its natural approach to attenuating different health conditions.
Moreover, a 2022 research conducted in Israel showed that cannabis showed little to no side effects while significantly decreasing the pain levels in the patients. It further led to high adherence and improvement in life quality.
- “The evidence is overwhelming that marijuana (cannabis) can relieve certain types of pain, nausea, vomiting, and other symptoms caused by such illnesses as multiple sclerosis, cancer, and AIDS – or by harsh drugs sometimes used to treat them. And it can do so with remarkable safety. Indeed, marijuana (cannabis) is less toxic than many of the drugs that physicians prescribe every day.” – Dr. Joycelyn Elders/ Pediatrician, Public Health Administrator.
“Marijuana (cannabis) is seen as efficacious in reducing nausea and vomiting associated with chemotherapy.” – American Nurses AssociationVarious studies have found cannabis to be useful for cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy. A review by the American Cancer Society indicated that cannabis helped ease nausea and vomiting induced by chemotherapy treatment.
The University of Colorado Boulder conducted a study in 2023 and found that within an hour of treatment, cannabis could notably weaken the pain for cancer patients and gradually improve their sleep quality and cognitive function. Another research shows that this herb can help ease various oncology-related symptoms, such as alleviating pain, suppressing tumors, and attenuating cachexia.
- “Cannabis doesn’t have a high potential for abuse, and there are very legitimate medical applications. In fact, sometimes, cannabis is the only thing that works.” – Dr. Sanjay Gupta, American neurosurgeon, media reporter, and chief medical correspondent for CNN.
- “Vijya (Cannabis Sativa) is vata shamak (alleviates vata dosha), dipana (rekindles digestive fire), pachana (improves digestive function), and vyavayi (pervasive); these properties help in quickly distributing the drug throughout the body for instant action. Vijya also has anti-inflammatory properties, thus making the herb a potent analgesic.” – Dr. Madhav Batra (Dr. Batra’s Ayurveda)
- “Many of the chronically ill have successfully sought relief with the use of medical cannabis, an age-old remedy that now shows real scientific efficacy…The anecdotal evidence is overwhelming.
Folks with spinal injuries able to give up their walkers, AIDS patients able to gain weight and keep their medications down, cancer patients finding relief from the terrible nausea of chemotherapy, chronic pain patients once again functional with their consciousness restored from narcotic lethargy, and folks once disabled from crippling psychiatric disorders and addictions, returned to sanity and society with the assistance of a nontoxic herb with remarkable healing powers.” – Dr. Jay Cavanaugh, PhD, National Director of American Alliance for Medical Cannabis.
- “The inclusion of Trailokya Vijaya Vati in the treatment was decided to find a healthy and effective alternative for the existing analgesics in the market with significant side effects. Vijaya (cannabis) has all the desired properties that can be included in the post-operative treatment of piles patients, i.e., Analgesic, Sedative, Anti Inflammatory, Laxative, and Muscle Relaxant.” – Dr. Kunal Kamthe, Consultant Ayurvedacharya.
- “Patients report many benefits of CBD, from relieving insomnia, anxiety, spasticity, and pain to treating potentially life-threatening conditions such as epilepsy…Marijuana (cannabis) is quite effective for chronic pain that plagues millions of Americans, especially as they age. Part of its allure is that it is clearly safer than opiates, impossible to overdose on, and far less addictive, and can take the place of NSAIDs.” – Peter Grinspoon, MD.
- There are fewer effective formulations available (for sexual dysfunctions) and used by the current practitioners, but they come with a list of side effects that can give rise to various other conditions in the patient. The use of cannabis in the treatment of PE & ED gives a new ray of hope for the patients and the practitioners for efficacious treatment.” – Dr. Varun Kumar Goel, Consultant Ayurvedacharya.
- “Cannabinoids are now known to have the capacity for neuromodulation, via direct, receptor-based mechanisms, at numerous levels within the nervous system. These provide therapeutic properties that may be applicable to the treatment of neurological disorders, including anti-oxidative, neuroprotective effects, analgesia, anti-inflammatory actions, immunomodulation, modulation of glial cells, and tumor growth regulation.
Beyond that, the cannabinoids have also been shown to be remarkably safe with no potential for overdose.” – Gregory T. Carter, MD, Clinical Professor at the School of Medicine at the University of Wahington and co-director of the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA)/ Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Center.
Such quotes by medical experts worldwide on Vijaya’s pharmaceutical efficacy bring patients to the common question, the answer to which was given by an Ayurvedic expert in a recent case study:
- “Now one may ask, why is cannabis so effective? The answer is enciphered within us. Our body carries the Endocannabinoid system, which is a biological system full of cannabinoid receptors that live inside the brain, organs, connective tissue, glands, and immune cells. When we use cannabis, the cannabinoids bind with the receptors in the body and help to promote homeostasis.” – Dr. Kiran Kalyankar, Consultant Ayurvedacharya.
To learn more about Vijaya’s medicinal virtues and how you can gain the most out of them to attenuate your health conditions, reach out to Hempstreet and receive the best Ayurvedic consultation today!