A migraine is a form of headache that causes a severe pulsing sensation or throbbing pain in one or both sides of the head. It is often severe enough to disrupt the patients’ daily activities, overall physical and mental well-being, and quality of life.
The commonly prescribed medications for migraine include conventional painkillers, antibiotics, and addictive opioids. They often trigger more severe headaches and cause various other side effects, like digestive disorders. Because of this, modern medical experts and Ayurvedic doctors prescribe consuming Vijaya and its derived Ayurvedic cannabis solutions.
Read ahead to find out what makes this herb so efficacious for migraine pain.
Migraine symptoms progress through various stages. But not every patient goes through all of them. They include
- Prodrome (over 60% of migraine patients experience subtle warning changes a few hours or days before migraine)
- Digestive issues like constipation, diarrhea, and bloating
- Mood changes
- Neck stiffness
- Increased urination
- Higher food cravings or appetite loss
- Increased thirst
- Frequent yawning
- Aura (nervous system symptoms before or during migraine that can last from five to over 60 minutes)
- Seeing bright spots, flashes of lights, or random shapes
- Vision loss
- Uncomfortable prickling sensation in any limb
- Difficulty speaking
- Ringing in the ears
- Heaviness in the limbs
- Changes in taste, smell, touch, etc.
- Weakness, tingling, or numbness in one side of the body or face
Migraine pain attacks grow from dull to severe throbbing or pulsing pain on either or both sides of the head. The duration and frequency of these attacks vary among individuals. It can last from four to 72 hours. And it can occur either once or twice a year, a few times in a month, or once in a few days.
Besides the pain, over 80% of migraine patients often go through nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light, smell, and sound.
After the pain attack, patients often feel drained, confused, and severely exhausted for over a day. Some go through muscle pain and weakness, while others might feel unusually happy and refreshed.
What Causes Migraine Pain?
Besides that, environmental factors and genetics can cause changes in the brain. They disrupt its communication with the nerves, spine, and the major pain pathways in the body. They further cause an imbalance in the vital brain chemicals that regulate pain in the nervous system.
Numerous other factors can trigger migraine, including
- Alcoholic and caffeinated drinks
- Excess stress
- Insufficient or excess sleep/ improper sleep habits
- Intense physical activity
- Sensations like strong smells, excessively bright and flashy lights, and loud sounds
- Improper dietary habits like consuming excess salty and processed foods, artificial food additives, skipping meals, etc.
In many people, the side effects of certain conventional drugs like oral contraceptives can trigger migraine. Moreover, hormonal fluctuations in women (before or during periods, pregnancy, and menopause) can trigger this headache.
CED: A Major Cause of Migraine
The endocannabinoid system or the ECS is one of the most crucial biological systems in the body. It regulates various vital bodily functions, from immune response and neural function to mood, digestion, and metabolism.
The cannabinoids produced inside the body are called endocannabinoids. They are a major part of the ECS. Due to certain genetic disorders or underlying diseases, the body might not produce enough of these endocannabinoids. This causes the ECS to become unstable and leads to clinical endocannabinoid deficiency (CED).
Why Is Vijaya Effective For Migraine Pain?
The prime factor why Trailokya Vijaya Vati, the Hempstreet Vijaya formulation, effectively alleviates migraine pain is its quick and direct influence on the body’s ECS. The herb contains hundreds of chemical compounds called cannabinoids. When patients consume Vijaya, it provides the body with the necessary supply of cannabinoids and binds with the ECS’s cannabinoid receptors CB1 and CB2.
That restores ECS function and allows it to increase the levels of anandamide and other vital endocannabinoids. By activating the CB1 receptors, Trailokya Vijaya Vati influences the brain’s pain processing regions. That significantly decreases the pain, as well as alleviates conditions like stress. In addition, the herb helps restore the sleep cycle and increase sleep quality among migraine patients, thus, speeding their recovery.
Whereas, by activating the CB2 receptors, the herb acts on the immune system and decreases the production of inflammation-causing cytokine and chemokine immune cells. It helps decrease inflammation and, consequently, migraine.
Another major reason Ayurvedic doctors prescribe Trailokya Vijaya Vati for migraine is that it does not show any harmful side effects on health, unlike traditional drugs. On the contrary, it helps alleviate the side effects caused by previous consumption of such medications. This makes the herb a safer, more effective, and more reliable alternative to traditional migraine treatments.
What the Studies Say
There have been numerous studies that show the benefits and effectiveness of Ayurvedic cannabis solutions on migraine pain:
- In a Canadian study, consuming Vijaya reduces migraines by 49.6% in over 88.6% of female patients and 87.3% of male patients. It also alleviated other forms of headaches by 47.3% in over 90.9% of males and 89.1% of female patients.
- A study conducted in Israel in 2020 showed that consuming Ayurvedic cannabis solutionsignificantly reduced migraine symptoms, increased sleep quality, decreased the consumption and dependency on conventional medicines, and alleviated the side effects of those drugs.
- Another recent study showed that Vijaya was significantly advantageous not only for migraine pain but also for associated nausea and vomiting.
- A US study showed over 86% efficacy of Vijaya for migraine pain relief.
- Many migraine patients were able to replace their traditional pain medications with Ayurvedic cannabis solutions.
- Over 76.7% of patients in a study reported a gradual decrease in their consumption of opiates. In contrast, after Vijaya usage, over two-thirds of patients reduced their consumption of alcohol, anti-anxiety medications, antidepressants, and other migraine medicines.
To know more about how you can leverage Vijaya’s immense therapeutic potential to alleviate your migraine pain, contact Hempstreet and get the right medical consultation from the best Ayurvedic doctors for yourself.