Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a group of symptoms that cause damage to the gut. It is the most common gastrointestinal disorder, with over 15% of the people around the world suffering from it. IBS causes severe abdominal pain, discomfort, and bowel movement issues. Other common irritable bowel syndrome symptomsinclude:
- Diarrhea and constipation
- Excess bloating or gas
- Food intolerance
- Heartburn and indigestion
- Anxiety and depression
While most medical professionals authorize harmful conventional medications to help alleviate this condition, Ayurvedic doctors prescribe a potent, safer, and more effective herbal formulation called Bilwadi Churna.
Read ahead to discover what makes this formulation effective against irritable bowel syndrome symptoms and how you can leverage its medical benefits to relieve yourself from the condition.
What Causes IBS?
The specific cause of IBS isn’t known yet. But the following factors play a role in the development and aggravation of this condition:
- Strong and longer intestinal contractions lead to diarrhea, bloating, and gas
- Weaker contractions lead to dry and hard stools and slow down food passage
- Nervous system abnormalities cause weak coordination between the brain and the gut. The gut hence overreacts to normal digestive processes and causes abdominal pain and bowel issues.
Other possible causes of IBS include:
- Overgrowth of intestinal bacteria
- Bacterial or viral infection
- Excess stress
- Imbalances in the gut microbiome
- Food insensitivities
Besides that, many traditional prescription medications cause adverse side effects on health that trigger irritable bowel syndrome symptoms.
Enter Bilwadi Churna
Bilwadi Churna is an effective Ayurvedic formulation used to alleviate abdominal disorders and their symptoms for a very long time. The churna is known for its quick and effective action and significant reduction of disturbance in the digestive system on consumption.
Consisting of natural ingredients, the Bilwadi Churna helps calm the gut down and reduce its hyperactivity. One of its main ingredients is Vijaya, a very important and effective Ayurvedic herb. Its other ingredients include:
- Bel Giri (golden apple),
- Mochras herb (silk cotton tree),
- Dhai/dhataki flower (fire flame bush),
- Sabj leaves (sweet basil),
- Coriander/cilantro leaves,
- Dried Ginger,
- Mochras (Bombax Malabaricum),
- Fennel seeds and Anise seeds.
All these ingredients help in relieving IBS, enhancing appetite, and regulating effective digestive function. Besides that, the churna provides the digestive tract with the necessary nutrition to help the body compensate for the minerals and vitamins it lost due to loose bowels. This helps the body recover from the symptoms caused by such bowel irregularities.
The Therapeutic Benefits
If consumed with proper Ayurvedic consultation in the right dosage, Bilwadi Churna has numerous health benefits for IBS patients as it:
- Cools the stomach and intestinal lining
- Removes harmful microorganisms from the gut.
- Improves digestion by stimulating the digestive enzymes
- Facilitates better nutrient absorption by the intestines
- Alleviates conditions like diarrhea, constipation, and dysentery.
- Relieves abdominal pain, gas, and bloating.
- Reduces the recurrence of loose stools by absorbing excess intestinal liquid
Hence, Bilwadi Churna not only offers an effective approach to alleviating IBS but also a holistic one. But how exactly does this formulation work?
Exploring the Working of Bilwadi Churna
Every ingredient in the formulation plays a vital role in improving gut function and helping patients alleviate IBS and its symptoms. The Bel is rich in organic substances called Tannins that help relieve indigestion, constipation, dysentery, diarrhea, ulcers, etc.
- Ginger helps in releasing intestinal gas, relaxing the gut, and improving digestion.
- Fennel seeds reduce bloating and enhance gut metabolism, thus preventing the early elimination of undigested foods.
- The ‘Mochras’ in it exhibits astringent properties, allowing it to contract intestinal tissues and prevent loose stools, similar to the Dhai flowers.
- The coriander leaves and anise seeds work as robust anti-spasmodic ingredients by relaxing the contracted digestive muscles and relieving muscular spasms in the gut. The latter further contain anti-inflammatory chemical compounds like fenchone, anethole, and estragole, to reduce excess inflammation in the digestive system.
The Role of Vijaya
Vijaya, an important component of the churna, is known for its robust pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties. This is so because this herb contains active chemical compounds called cannabinoids. When consumed, they bind with the cannabinoid receptors of the body’s ECS (endocannabinoid system) and activate them.
The ECS is a vital biological system in the body that regulates crucial bodily functions, including pain, inflammation, immunity, metabolism, etc. It contains two main kinds of cannabinoid receptors, CB1 and CB2.
The former is dominantly present in the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord), while the latter is highly concentrated in the gut and the body’s immune cells. By activating the CB1 receptors in IBS patients, Vijaya stimulates the brain’s pain processing pathways, decreasing pain perception and signaling in the abdomen.
Such interaction with the brain enables it to reduce psychological conditions like excess stress, depression, and anxiety among the patients.
Through the CB1 receptors, the herb further influences the nervous system enhances the ECS’s working, and establishes better communication between the brain and the gut. Hence decreasing the neural abnormalities that trigger IBS.
When Vijaya activates the CB2 receptors in the immune cells, it reduces the production of pro-inflammatory cytokine cells, thus alleviating intestinal inflammation in IBS patients. The activation of these receptors in the gut allows it to regulate the gut microbiome and enhance the working of intestinal bacteria.
The herb thus reduces imbalance and overgrowth of gut bacteria and promotes the growth of healthy microorganisms needed for a healthy digestive system. In doing so, Vijaya significantly decreases the risk of bacterial and viral infections behind IBS.
Why Choose Bilwadi Churna?
The reason why Ayurvedic doctors worldwide are prescribing this formulation to IBS patients is not only its high efficacy in alleviating the condition but also its robust safety profile. Traditional IBS drugs like painkillers, anti-depressants, antibiotics, NSAIDs, etc., cause numerous adverse side effects like drowsiness, constipation, nausea, increased pain, etc.
Being a herbal formulation comprising of an ancient natural formula, Bilwadi Churna is safe for consumption and does not show any harmful side effects on consumption, To know more about how you can use Bilwadi Churna to relieve your IBS symptoms, contact Hempstreet and get the best Ayurvedic consultation for yourself.