Sexual health is still considered a taboo topic in many parts of the world, causing people to shy away from talking about their conditions, let alone alleviate them. Due to changes in workflow and lifestyle, sexual health issues are rising, with low sexual stamina and endurance being some of the most common conditions.
With Ayurveda, one can effectively alleviate such issues in a natural, safe, and holistic manner. Read ahead to discover the most effective ways to boost sexual stamina and endurance.
Why Is Decreased Sexual Stamina Becoming More Common?
Sedentary lifestyles have become synonymous with the modern workflow, which has caused a significant rise in various health issues, including sexual problems. For instance, prolonged sitting at desk jobs can harm one’s spine, leading to disk problems and lower back pain that can interfere with one’s sexual performance.
Excess stress, anxiety, tension, obesity, acidity, lack of exercise, improper dietary habits, and insufficient sleep contribute to decreased sexual stamina and endurance. Other causes include
- Depression: as per a study, lack of testosterone levels is linked to depression among men. Hence, depression can directly influence libido and sexual stamina.
- Drug abuse/overdose: drug abuse/overdose comes with numerous adverse and life-threatening effects on health. It can also cause decreased sexual stamina, energy loss, heart issues, and abnormal hormonal fluctuations.
- Drug side effects: often, the side effects of common prescription and over-the-counter drugs for other health conditions can severely impact male libido, erection, orgasm, ejaculation, and overall sexual function.
- Pre-existing illnesses: certain chronic medical conditions like diabetes, high cholesterol, Parkinson’s disease, etc., can drain energy levels and significantly affect sexual endurance.
The Ayurvedic Approach to Healthy Sexual Function
In Ayurvedic medicine, a healthy sexual function is essential for one’s overall health and wellness. Because in this holistic science, the reproductive tissue is one of the most important tissues (dhatus) in the body.
Furthermore, since it is the last of the bodily tissues in order, it takes much longer to be nourished. Because the nutrients first pass through the six dhatus preceding it- plasma, blood, fat, muscle, bone, and bone marrow. If they aren’t nourished well, the body’s sexual as well as overall health will be severely compromised.
Hence, it is very important to properly nourish the body and the mind and develop all the dhatus holistically. Then sexual stamina, endurance, and pleasure will just follow. Ayurvedic doctors recommend the following dietary and lifestyle changes to improve sexual function:
A healthy and balanced diet helps maintain ideal body weight, thus improving sexual performance. The right foods to help maintain stamina and overall sexual health and function include:
- Pure milk
- Cow ghee (clarified butter)
- Fresh fruits, especially watermelons and bananas
- Pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- Nourishing nuts like cashews, almonds, and walnuts
Garlic, turmeric, clove, saffron, bombax root extracts, olives, pepper, and nutmeg extracts are some other essential foods to help boost sexual stamina, endurance, libido, and vital energy in the body.
On the other hand, the foods that harm one’s sexual performance include:
- Citrus fruits
- Refined sugar
- Spicy sauces
- Salty, spicy, sour, fried, processed, and junk foods
- Consumption of alcohol
Such foods with unhealthy ingredients are not properly digested by the body. These partially digested foods lead to the build-up of toxins (ama) in the system that can severely interfere with one’s sexual health and performance.
Furthermore, Ayurvedic medicine places special emphasis on having a balanced body, mind, and spirit. The strength of the spine is critical for overall sexual health. For that, besides a healthy diet, regular exercises, yoga, meditation, oil massages, and maintaining a proper posture are very important.
Some Important Ayurvedic Herbs
Ayurvedic doctors recommend consuming certain important herbs for boosting overall sexual health and function. Some of them include
Ashwagandha: Considered one of the most effective aphrodisiacs, this herb helps regulate sex hormones and improve blood circulation to the vital organs by dilating the blood vessels. It further alleviates stress, improves the nervous system, boosts libido, improves energy levels, and promotes longevity.
Shilajeet: This herb comes with over 85 minerals in its ionic form. It comes with infused fulvic acid that increases stamina and performance, boosts testosterone levels in males, alleviates bodily weakness, and improves overall reproductive health among both males and females.
Gokshura: It directly impacts the luteinizing hormone that aids the reproductive system and improves sexual stamina and endurance among males.
Kesar: Mixing Kesar (saffron) with milk can significantly improve one’s sexual endurance and performance in bed, alleviate sexual dysfunction, and aid overall sexual health.
Kameshwar Modaka for Sexual Health
Ayurvedic doctors prescribe potent herbal formulations like the Kameshwar Modaka for sexual health as it contains various important herbal ingredients with wide-ranging therapeutic properties. They work together to improve sexual performance, stamina, endurance, function, and libido. They further enhance muscle strength, vitality, vigor, and core bodily energies.
Some of those ingredients and their functions include-
- Vijaya/Bhanga: A recent study conducted by the University of British Columbia showed that consuming Vijaya helped the patients relax, increase the intensity of their feelings, and heighten their sensitivity to touch. As a result, the herb enhanced their overall sexual experience and performance.
- Saindhav (rock salt) contains vital minerals like zinc, selenium, and magnesium that significantly help in boosting libido and enhancing the overall sexual experience.
- Jeeraka (cumin seeds) contain calcium, iron, and zinc that increase the sperm count in males, prevent conditions like erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation, and increase sexual energy and libido.
- Sharkara (cane sugar) acts as an aphrodisiac; increases libido, sexual energy, and sperm count; and helps alleviate erectile dysfunction.
- Madhu (honey) contains Boron, Vitamin B, Nitric oxide, and natural sugars. These work together to balance testosterone and estrogen production and function and boost sexual energy, libido, and stamina.
- Amalaki (Indian Gooseberry) is rich in Vitamin C, fatty acids, and antioxidants that boost sexual desire and performance.
- Haritaki is another natural aphrodisiac that promotes sexual health among both males and females, stimulates the hormones for increasing libido, increases stamina, and improves fertility.
- Tila (sesame seeds) help improve sperm count, production, motility, and male fertility.
- Ghrita (ghee/clarified butter) increases Ojas, the biological energy responsible for vital sexual functions.
To know more about improving sexual stamina and endurance naturally and the benefits and usage of the Kameshwara Modaka, Contact Hempstreet and get the right Ayurvedic consultation for yourself.