As per a study conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), over 81% of men experience at least one sexual health condition, including loss of libido, premature ejaculation, and erectile dysfunction. These issues can have varied physiological and psychological causes, such as-
- Physical inactivity and obesity
- Cardiovascular issues (heart disease, blood pressure, clogged blood vessels, etc.)
- Mental health issues like depression, anxiety, and stress
- Hormonal imbalances
- Sleep disorders
- Neurological disorders or nerve damage
- Chronic diseases like multiple sclerosis
- Alcohol or substance use disorder
Often, problems in relationships (due to factors like stress, miscommunication, and other concerns) can worsen sexual dysfunctions. In addition, various conventional medications like antidepressants, non-prescription over-the-counter drugs, blood pressure (anti-hypertensive) medicines, sex hormone supplements, etc. can also hamper sexual health and function.
Ayurveda’s Approach to Sexual Health
As per Ayurveda, there are seven vital tissues, called dhatus, in the human system. They provide growth, structure, and nourishment to the whole body. Among them are Rakta (Blood), Mamsa (Muscle), and Shukra (Reproductive Fluid). They must remain in equilibrium for effective bodily function. Any kind of imbalance or disturbance in them can lead to sexual health issues and other symptomatic ailments.
While traditional sex medications exhibit detrimental side effects like headaches, digestive system problems, body aches, dizziness, sleep problems, vision changes, etc., Ayurveda offers a comprehensive solution to alleviating sexual health issues and enhancing the system’s overall function and well-being.
Enter Manmath Ras
Manmath Ras is a classical Ayurvedic medicine that is comprised of natural ingredients and infused with medical cannabis seeds. It is effective in alleviating sexual health conditions like premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, impotence, nightfall, etc. It further acts as a natural aphrodisiac, boosts sexual function, and helps you maintain stamina and vitality.
Following are the ingredients of Manmath Ras and the roles they play in enhancing your sexual health once consumed:
- Parad (Purified Mercury) is effective in improving virility and sexual power.
- Gandhak (Purified Sulfur) helps in the synthesis of collagen, a protein found in the connective tissues and the skin. As a result, it enhances the development and growth of the reproductive organs.
- Abrhak (Mica) stimulates vigor and promotes libido. It also contains minerals and other agents that enhance physical stamina and act on the brain to calm the nerves.
- Karpur (Organic Camphor) interacts with the sections of the brain responsible for sexual behavior, stimulates the hormones, and boosts libido.
- Vang Bhasam (Purified Tin Metal) helps stimulate erection.
- Lauha Bhasam (Iron Oxide) increases the production of red blood cells in the body, resulting in improved blood flow as well as proper blood supply to the brain and the reproductive organs. As a consequence, this reduces pressure on the system and increases overall strength.
- Tamra Bhasam (Copper Ash) and Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) help prevent oxidative stress and damage to the system.
- Vidhara (Elephant Creeper) enhances sexual stamina, boosts libido, improves reproductive health, relieves stress and anxiety, and acts as a tonic for the nervous system.
- Vidarikand (Indian Kudzu) stimulates the synthesis of semen and enhances sex drive.
- Jeera (Cumin) contains calcium, iron, and zinc that help increase sperm count, increase virility, and alleviate conditions like premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction.
- Atisa (Aconitum Heterophyllum) and Tal Makhana (Fox Nuts) exhibit natural aphrodisiac properties to help improve sexual health.
- Bala (Flannel Weed) increases sexual arousal, acts on the central nervous system, improves stamina, and enhances the strength of the bones, muscles, and joints. It further boosts fetal growth and development.
- Kaunch (Cowhage) improves sperm motility and concentration, sperm quality, and testosterone levels among infertile men.
- Javitri (Mace) and Jai Phal (Nutmeg) increase sperm production and boost sex drive.
- Laung (Clove) reduces the risk of male sexual disorders, improves testosterone, amplifies libido, boosts motility and sperm count, and enhances performance.
- Shwet Ral (Sal) increases sexual potency.
- Ajwain (Carrom Seeds) contains thymol, a chemical compound that counters premature ejaculation and extends the climax.
Bhanga for Improving Sexual Health
Bhanga (or medical cannabis) is the most prominent ingredient in this Ayurvedic formulation. The body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS) plays a vital role in regulating sexual health as its cannabinoid receptors are mapped to various brain areas involved in sexual function. Bhanga’s efficacy in enhancing sexual function and alleviating dysfunctions is a result of its direct interaction with these receptors.
As per a 2023 study conducted by the East and North Carolina State Universities, Bhanga exhibits sexually stimulating properties that increase desire, intensify the sexual experience and pleasure/orgasm, and increase the sexual duration and frequency. It can directly enhance one’s sexual functioning by decreasing anxiety, increasing relaxation, and improving sensory focus.
In a Canadian study, 73.8% of the participants reported increased sexual satisfaction, 74.3% reported a heightened sensitivity to touch, and 65.7% reported increased intensity of their orgasms. Furthermore, over 69.8% of the participants said they could relax more during sex, and 50.5% mentioned an improved focus.
Another US study shows that the herb increases the body’s sensitivity to touch and enhances sensation and sensuality, thus improving pleasure. In addition, by binding with the cannabinoid receptors in the genital region, Bhanga dilates (opens up) the blood vessels there and allows for easier blood flow.
Manmath Ras is available off the counter in the form of tablets. You can consume one tablet twice daily before or after your meal, with water or milk, or as directed by your Ayurvedic doctor.
In case you have ongoing allopathic/modern/homeopathic treatments for any health condition, or if you consume any dietary supplements like multivitamins or omega three tablets, then it is best to have a minimum gap of 15-30 minutes between the medication/supplement and the Manmath Ras tablet or consult an Ayurvedic doctor for advice on the same. However, the Ras is available for consumption without any prescription and can be bought directly from the website.
Because of the herbal nature of its ingredients, Manmath Ras doesn’t exhibit severe side effects like conventional treatments for sexual health conditions. It is safe for consumption and easily tolerable by adults.
Reach out to Hempstreet to find out more about how you can leverage Manmath Ras to boost your vitality and vigor and enhance your overall sexual function and well-being holistically with Ayurveda.